Friday, May 16, 2008

Thing 23 Wrapping up


These exercises reinforced that which I already knew--that is--if you really want to learn something you have to do it again and again so you can master it. Blogging is a lot easier than I thought it would be and that is because I did it after almost each tool I learned. I cannot see myself being a blogger but it's nice to know that I could be one if I so desired. Web 2.0 is here. As a librarian I will need answer questions about how to use it. After these exercises I am better qualified to do so.

My favorite things are:
LibraryThing because I will use it to keep track of the books tha I have read.
BlogLines because I can find blogs to read regarding issues of concern to me.
Podcast.com because I can listen to radio broadcasts that air I when I'm unavailable to listen.

My least favorite was when the websites had technical difficulties --Odeo and Flickr. This was especailly true for Flickr because it was an exercise that we had to do almost at the beginng. I can see where the problems with Flickr could have discouraged many staff members from continuing with the other exercises.



It seem that Google.docs ansd Zoho could be useful for staff who are committee members.


haring Web 2.0 with my friends and family is something Ive just started to do. I started to use ListenNJ today and shared it with my husband. I intend to share LibraryThing with the members of both books club that I belong to when I see see them.


No comments: